Some great advice on how to start your own business online! 
For more information please visit

Club X4 all-Japan annual meeting

I got back earlier today from Club X4's all-Japan annual meeting, which is really just an excuse to get about 70 Honda X4 riders together from all over the country for some hardcore riding and a big dinner party.

This year's meeting was held at Green Hotel Sangane, built atop a mountain in Aichi prefecture. Guys (there were no women riders) came from all over Japan. There was even a group from Okinawa that brought their bikes over by ferry. I rode down from Tokyo with the club's Kanto chapter (Kanto is the region of Japan that includes Tokyo).

After blasting about two-thirds of the way there on the Tomei expressway, we covered the last leg on small, windy mountain roads:

The picture doesn't do these roads justice, because it shows us at rest in a nice flat stretch. The route through the hills was like something out of an old cartoon; all that was missing was Wile E. Coyote chasing the Roadrunner off a cliff.

That thought came easily to mind, as many of the sharp turns were indeed right at the edge of steep cliffs. Some had guardrails. Some didn't. To be honest, I need to work on my riding skills. Most of the Club X4 guys were awesome at carving through extremely tight turns and I was playing catch-up most of the way (but better that than falling to my doom).


Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through. 

Posted by Brian

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great riding through Japan. I don't know if I'll ever be back to Japan, I lived there for a while when I was a just a wee-little lad. But it may be worth renting a motorcycle for the day. 

Posted by Steve

Anonymous said...

Sound like A great Time. I wish i could have joined you. I just moved to Chiba Japan and Left my Bike to sit and collect dust back in Guam. Hope i could get a bike and do some touring. Oh if you know any stunt teams in the Tokyo area please let me know.  

Posted by Eric



Powered by Blogger.