Some great advice on how to start your own business online! 
For more information please visit www.onlinejobhunter.info

Digital camera upgrade

So, Glenn Reynolds thinks he's got a lock on digital camera blogging, does he? Well, I'll show him a thing or two...

I recently replaced my trusty old Canon IXY Digital 200 with a brand-spankin' new Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LZ2.

The step up has taken me from a measly 2.1 megapixels to a solid 5.0. You can really see the difference in this side-by-side comparison of photos of a bedspread pattern, displayed at the same resolution:




The 2.1 megapixel IXY shot is on the left; the 5.0 megapixel LUMIX one is on the right. Although a JPEG file is not the best choice for comparisons of fine detail, the improvement in texture and detail is obvious.

Also, the LUMIX has twice as strong an optical zoom as the IXY — 6x versus 3x. I've always wished I could zoom in closer with my old camera, so this may prove to be a bigger advantage than the extra megapixels.

Despite all these improvements, the LUMIX costs about 6,000 yen less than the IXY did when I bought it three years ago. Technology marches on.

0 comments:

Archives

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers